Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about the 2020 Virtual National Service Coordinator Conference? Chances are you’ll find what you need to know in the list of commonly asked questions and answers on this page but feel free to contact us if you have additional questions. We’ll be happy to help you!
- Who should attend? Do I have to be a member of AASC to attend?
The virtual workshops will cover topics applicable to all affordable housing professionals – service coordinators, property managers, etc. You do not have to be an AASC member to attend. All are welcome!
- How do I register for the virtual conference? How do I register a group from the same organization?
Individuals may register online. Groups of five or more are encouraged to register by completing the group registration form to receive group discounts. Contact us if you did not receive the form.
- How do I select my schedule of workshops?
An agenda will be made available in July. Paid registrants will be able to select workshops to attend before the virtual conference.
- How much does it cost to attend?
Discounted Early Bird registration is $375. This fee includes the cost of the training certificate. Rates will increase to $425 after the Early Bird deadline.
- Can I earn training contact hours at the virtual conference? Do I have to pay extra for a training certificate?
Yes, attendees will have the opportunity to earn training contact hours at the virtual conference. Attendees can earn up to 18 training contact hours, depending on individual schedules. Attendance in the sessions will be tracked. The cost for the certificate of attendance is included in your registration fee. Attendees will receive an email with a link to your printable certificate/transcript on September 30.
The conference can be especially helpful for first-year service coordinators at a HUD property, who are required to have a minimum of 36 hours of training in their first year on the job.
- How can I be sure that my computer, tablet or phone will be compatible to watch the workshops?
Attendees will not need special software or equipment to participate in the virtual conference. A broadband connection or wired internet connection will be sufficient. For best results, attendees should turn off any other applications on their computer before joining the virtual conference. Please be sure to test your speakers before the start of the event.
- Can I ask questions during the workshops?
Yes, the virtual conference platform will have the capability for Q&A.
- Do I need a camera and a microphone on my computer to participate?
With an internet connection and speakers on your computer you will be able to view and hear the virtual conference just fine. Questions can be entered in the chat window of the platform and do not require a microphone.
A camera and microphone will enhance your virtual conference experience for video networking and exhibitor meet-ups. These activities are extracurricular and not a requirement for conference education.
- Will AASC provide training to learn how to use the virtual platform before the conference?
Yes, AASC will provide several demonstrations of the virtual platform before to the conference.
- What time zone are the streamed sessions shown?
The virtual conference will take place on September 1-3 from 9 AM – 6 PM EDT each day. However, the virtual conference platform will show sessions in your time zone.
Tuesday, Sept 1: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (EDT)
Wednesday, Sept 2: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (EDT)
Thursday, Sept. 3: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (EDT)
Note that the agenda is planned assuming most attendees will not attend ALL sessions each day. For most attendees your first session of the day will begin at 8 a.m. or later in your time zone.
- How many sessions are available each day? How long are the sessions?
There will be five (5) rounds of sessions available each day. Sessions will be 60 minutes long. The agenda will include short breaks between each session, and several longer food/lunch breaks each day.
- When will I receive login instructions?
Attendees will receive login instructions via email days in advance of the virtual conference.
- What if I miss part of a session? Can I get access to the content after the virtual conference if I’m not able to attend?
Attendees will have up to 30 days after the virtual conference to access recorded workshops and presentations and earn training contact hours.
- Will there be technical support during the virtual conference?
Technical Support will be available throughout the virtual conference (Tuesday through Thursday from 9 AM to 6 PM EDT). If you experience technical difficulties, email AASCSupport@gtrnow.com for assistance.
If you are experiencing technical difficulty during the conference, please know that recorded sessions can be viewed at another time.
- What happens if I register and am not able to attend?
Attendees will have up to 30 days after the virtual conference to access recorded workshops and presentations and earn training contact hours. AASC will not offer refunds for cancellations.
- Will there be an in-person conference in 2021?
Yes! This year’s virtual conference is a one-time event due to the social distancing guidelines to stop the spread of coronavirus. AASC is planning an in-person conference in 2021 at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis, Indiana on August 22 – 25. We’ll see you there!
Can’t find an answer to your question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.