Urgent Information for Grant-Funded Service Coordinators
Thursday, November 10, 2016
NOTE: This process does not apply to operations-funded service coordinators in Multifamily Housing for the Elderly and Disabled
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Service Coordinator in Multifamily Housing Grant Program extension submission period will open in mid-November. FY 2017 extensions will be processed using GrantSolutions Grants Management Module. To prepare for a successful submission you should:
NOTE: Even though the HUD website is being updated, we are providing links to the documents, PowerPoints and tools referenced above to provide you with the information you need to begin this process as soon as possible so that your service coordinator grant funds will not be delayed.
- Provide current email contact information to your Grant Specialist no later than close of business Thursday, November 10. This information will be used by HUD to establish your GrantSolutions User ID. All GrantSolutions emails and future award correspondences will be sent to the addresses provided. If you have already provided this information to HUD, thank you.
- Become familiar with GrantSolutions
- Determine your offset. You do not have to wait for the application period to open for you to start this process.
- Watch the training to understand HUD’s expectations or review the slides from the Nov. 3 training
- Use the Burnrate Tool. (Optional) Click here for the Excel tool or click here for the pdf. This is a resource that is designed to help you to better manage your grant funds and to determine available dollars that will be used to offset your next renewals. Grants that are projected to have an unexpended balance as of the grant's annual expiration date must use those funds to offset the next 12-month grant renewal. This tool may be used to estimate the amount of unexpended funds at grant expiration.The use of this tool is highly encouraged but not required.