Register | Agenda | Keynotes | Hotel | Plan Your Trip | Awards of Excellence | Moderators | Scholarships | Sponsorship & Exhibiting
Volunteer to be a Conference Moderator
If you're attending the 2017 National Service Coordinator Conference, becoming a conference moderator is the perfect way to get involved with AASC! Moderating provides you with the opportunity to professionally support your peers and gain leadership and networking opportunities.
What are moderator responsibilities?
If you volunteer as a moderator, you will be expected to:
- Moderate sessions you have chosen to attend for your own training and development
- Assist session attendees in scanning in and out of the workshop
- Speak in front of the workshop attendees (e.g., introduce the speaker, facilitate the Q&A session, etc.)
- Keep the session on schedule
- Serve as a liaison between workshop speakers and AASC staff
I want to volunteer! What are the next steps?
Register for conference. Click here and select the days you will attend conference. When you reach the Attendee Info section, check "Yes" next to "I would like to volunteer as a workshop moderator. Please contact me." If you have already registered but did not check "Yes" and are interested in being a moderator, contact Ikea Haralson.
Tools to allow you to select your workshops and the sessions you're willing to moderate will be available soon.